Nicole Poirier, San Francisco
Chef Nicole is Content Development, devoted to help making your sous vide recipe dreams come true and writing informative blog posts to aid you along the way. She attended culinary school at Ecole Ritz-Escoffier at the Ritz Hotel in Paris, Fra …
Savory with bacon and rich gruyere flavor, these are easy enough to make for every day but something you could serve to guests for a decadent brunch. I like to make an entire package of bacon anytime I make it by laying it on a parchment-lined baking tray and baking at 400ºF/205ºC for 16 – 20 minutes, but you’ll only need 3 pieces for this recipe. Keep extra on hand for other days, or when you’re ready to make more egg bites!
Ingredients for 6
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 c grated gruyere
- 1/4 c neufchatel/cream cheese/dairy free cream cheese option
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 slices cooked bacon, cut in halves
- Extra Equipment: 6 4oz/125ml canning jars with 2-part screw-on lids
- Step 1: Set your BioloMix Precision Cooker for 172ºF/77.8ºC
- Step 2: In a blender or food processor, combine eggs, cheeses (or other optional dairy like cream), and salt until smooth
- Step 3: Place your jars on a work surface and push a half-slice of bacon into the bottom of each one
- Step 4: Divide the egg & cheese mixture evenly among the jars
- Step 5: Attach two-part lids and close to fingertip tightness. This means using only your fingertips to screw on the ring; if they are too tight, the air pressure within will not be able to release and the jars will shatter on the bath
- Step 6: Once closed, submerge the jars in the water bath and set your timer for 1 hour
- Finishing Steps
- Step 0: Remove from the bath and enjoy straight from the jar if desired! You can also slide a butter knife around the edge, pushing gently inwards as you do so to loosen the base. Invert jar onto heat-safe surface and either sear with a torch or place under broiler for a few minutes for color.
- Step 1: Enjoy!