Christina Wylie, Koh Samui Thailand
Christina Wylie is an award-winning writer, author, editor, food stylist, recipe creator, entrepreneur and radio host whose work has been featured in The Times & The Sunday Times, Time Out (Melbourne, Sydney, Hong Kong and Dubai), Traveler’s Digest, Fah Thai Magazine
Sous vide egg with avocado, spinach and Parmesan on an English muffin. This recipe’s also fantastic if you add some smoked salmon, ham or bacon. Note: The cooking time for this recipe is very precise. If your sous vide cooker only has time increments of 10 and 15 minutes, set it for 15 minutes and wait until the timer reaches 13 minutes before putting the egg in the water bath. To cook eggs in advance, transfer the cooked eggs from the water bath immediately into an ice bath. Let cool to room temperature in the ice bath, and transfer to the refrigerator. To reheat,
Ingredients for 1
- 1 large egg, cold
- 1/2 English muffin
- 1/4 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1; Preheat the BioloMix Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 167ºF (75ºC).
- Step 2: Using a slotted spoon, gently place the egg in the water bath. Set the timer for 13 minutes.
- Step 3: Meanwhile, toast the English muffin. Top the toasted muffin with avocado and spinach. Place on a serving plate.
- Finishing Steps
- Step 0: When the timer goes off, carefully remove the egg from the water bath. Using a pairing knife, crack the shell. Slide the egg out of its shell on top of the spinach. Be warned, the egg is a slippery little bugger!
- Step 1: Sprinkle Parmesan over the egg and season with salt and pepper. Serve.